Our Location and History
The Lavaca neighborhood is the oldest existing neighborhood in San Antonio. It is bounded on the north by César E. Chávez Boulevard, on the south by the Missouri-Kansas Railroad Line, on the east by IH-37, and on the west by South St. Mary’s Street.
Events October 4, 2022 – Neighbors Together walk/bike Join us on Tuesday October 4th, 6:15 pm at Labor Street Park. We will bike/stroll through the neighborhood. Decorate your bike/yourself with glow sticks, etc. Everyone is invited to mingle with your neighbors at The Good Kind afterwards. We encourage you to leave your porch lights on until 10:00 pm.
October 8, 2022 – Art in the Park Join us Saturday October 8th, 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Labor Street Park. Local artists & artisans will be display their art & have items for sale. There will be a fall photo op, bike/scooter/wagon decorating contest, music & gift card giveaways.
Newsletter For neighborhood “business”, there’s an email newsletter from the Lavaca Neighborhood Association. That newsletter comes out twice a month. Sign up here. You can also follow us on Facebook.
The neighborhood has its own news magazine, LNF Weekly (formerly Lavaca and Friends). LNF Weekly includes a weekly arts and entertainment newsletter that is emailed to subscribers every Wednesday. The newsletter covers more than one hundred events coming up in the next seven days. It’s free and you can sign up to receive it here. LNF Weekly also includes a monthly online magazine with feature stories about neighborhood issues, artists, and businesses. It even includes a neighborhood restaurant directory. You’ll find the latest issue here.
Lavaca has a very active neighborhood association that focuses neighborhood attention on important issues and serves as a conduit for the neighborhood to City agencies. Here is a list of some resources you may need:
- Mario Bravo City Council District 1 210-207-0900
- Stacey Jones Director of Downtown for District 1 210-207-4417
- SAFFE officer David McCall 210-452-3694
- Non Emergency Police 210-207-7273
- Rebeca Clay-Flores County Commissioner Precinct 1 210-335-2611
- Parking Violations 207-8266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 311 for non-emergency issues in the neighborhood (i.e. grafitti, road issues, etc) or click here to report online.
- Assistance with dogs & cats The Cannoli Fund 210-380-5745, info@the cannolifund.org or LavacaAnimals@gmail.com
- Home Improvement Resources www.scottslist.org
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.