Jimmy is a native Texan. He was born here, on the Southside of San Antonio and grew up in Bandera. After high school he attended UTSA and graduated in 1989 with a Bachelors Degree in English. Today, he lives in the South End Lofts in Southtown.
Jimmy has been working in the music business for 27 years. Here are a few highlights of his career:
- As a concert promoter, he has produced over 1,000 shows throughout the US and in numerous cities abroad. He’s worked with Garth Brooks, James Brown, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Selena, Carlos Santana, The Dixie Chicks, Dwight Yoakam, and many others.
- He started an artist management firm in 1993 and has represented many successful musicians.
- He owns a music publishing company and has had songs recorded by national artists and featured in movies and television shows.
- He owns and operates an independent record company that has released albums by many successful artists.
- As a record producer, he has worked on dozens of projects. He most recently worked with a new rock band — Fifty Dollar Dynasty — which he predicts will be monstrously successful and famous very soon.
Outside of work, Jimmy likes spending time with his daughters Emily (18) and Sophia (16). He enjoys writing, reading, baseball, and listening to his extensive vinyl record collection on his old-school HiFi. He loves spending time near any ocean, cooking, and traveling — especially abroad with his daughters. He’s traveled to many countries, but he especially loves Mexico. His favorite music is anything that makes him think or makes him move. He is an avid Spurs fan, and he hates the Lakers almost as much as he LOVES THE SPURS.
Jimmy says that if he could have dinner with any six people (living or dead), he’d invite Dorothy Parker, William Shakespeare, Doug Sahm, Mitch Hedberg, Barack Obama, and Audrey Hepburn. And of course, they would eat at La Frite on Thursday at 5:30pm.
Jimmy often comes to our weekly Happy Hour, so be sure to say hello the next time you see him there!