UPDATE: The Cannoli Fund now has its own website. Please visit www.thacannolifund.org for the latest details of the program. (18 Feb 2013)
The Cannoli Fund is a newly formed 501c3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping control the pet population in Lavaca and King William. Residents of the Lavaca and King William neighborhoods are eligible to receive reimbursement for having their animal, or those they are feeding, spayed or neutered. The maximum reimbursement amounts are:
- Neuter of a Male Dog: $50
- Spay of a Female Dog: $70
- Neuter of a Male Cat: $30
- Spay of a Female Cat: $40
- Rabies Vaccination: $10
- Feline Combo Testing: $15
- Heartworm Testing: $15
In order to be reimbursed, a resident must follow these guidelines:
- Owners can take the animal to any low cost spay and neuter clinic or to their private veterinarian.
- They must submit an itemized receipt with the owner’s name and address printed on it to The Cannoli Fund within 45 days after the surgery.
- The amounts listed are maximum amounts. If a resident pays less than the stated amounts, then they will only be reimbursed for the actual amount of the service.
- Funding is not available for routine examinations/vaccinations.
To be reimbursed, please send receipts to:
The Cannoli Fund
315 Adams Street
San Antonio, Texas 78210
Donations to the program can also be sent to the same address. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.